The Besom in Basingstoke first opened its doors in May 2005.
Five local churches are represented on the Besom team which meets monthly for fellowship, prayer & business.It is our philosophy to enable people to make their first steps to helping people in need You can do this by decorating homes, clearing gardens, by giving money to projects, by giving your skills or by providing good quality household items. The Besom van is available everyday but our main delivery and pickup day is Thursday.We work with many care organisations and churches throughout Basingstoke.
How can you help?
· You can give good quality household items and furniture. We will try and collect at a time that suit you but normal pick up and delivery day is Thursday.
· You could make a Home Starter Pack with your house group, family or with friends. This could include things such as: a kettle, tinned/ dry food, cleaning materials, crockery and cutlery etc.
· Christmas Hampers.
· Food Parcels.
If you wish to give money then you have the choice of how it is to be spent: - administration, the van deliveries, goods or equipment for projects. Donating money to projects and goods in Basingstoke makes a difference to people's lives. Money has previously been given for an industrial washing machine for a women's refuge and beds for a family that were previously sleeping on the floor.
· Individually you can give your time by helping to pick up and deliver goods.
· Praying for the work of Besom to continue to grow at our weekly meeting on Thursdays at 10.00am
· As a group you could volunteer to do a decorating or gardening project or help someone with their housework.
Our van days:
We will always deliver and pick up on a Thursday between 10am – 2pm if you would like to help.
If you would like to help or work for an organisation that know people who would benefit from our help then please contact us.
Leave a message on our answer machine or call on Thursday to talk to someone on 01256 460 060 alternatively you could email email@example.com